Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Pop That Booty - Dangdut Style!

Went to get myself a drink in the kitchen when I noticed my grandparents watching a Live Dangdut concert on RTM 1 in the living room last Sunday; and almost instantly, I found myself engrossed in the show too!

Seeing such heavyweights like Mas Idayu and Sheeda singing and gelek-ing(?) on stage really brought back memories of my Primary School days - back when Dangdut was way more popular than R&B is today!

Therefore, in tribute to Dangdut itself, I decided to compile a playlist of popular Dangdut songs for the listening pleasure of you, my dearest readers.

Those who vividly recall the Dangdut era would definitely find most of the songs familiar; and yes, of course I had to include the (now) anthem Yang Tersayang by Amelina & Iwan (cue: Ewah, ewah, ewah!), as well as hits like Cintaku 100% and Dag, Dig, Dug.

Oh, I am missing one hit track though, thanks to the stupid 30-second rule on Imeem. Does anyone out there have Senggol-senggolan, Cubit-cubitan by Mas Idayu? If you do, could you kindly send it to me on MSN, so that I can upload it to the playlist as well? Thanks!

In the meantime... Let's GELEK!!!! ;)

No comments: